Sunday, September 27, 2009

Me in the Mornings (Sunday morning, not schooldays) from chris roldan on Vimeo.


Some thoughts and feelings i have when watching my video is that i made a pretty basic video that tells me what Digital activities can be done by myself in only a matter of four minutes. it seems to me that i work my way around a laptop and the cablebox pretty easily, which tells me im on it so much ive made my routes on the laptop a habit. and Links have been saved and information has been saved into the laptop by me. leaving a trail. My little sister is only two, but once she is at that age where she cant keep her hands off a computer herself, ill be much older and definately not living with her anymore. so yes, when she is at that age, i think i would rather her be using the computer so that i can keep in contact with her more easier. It shows that my only priorities at the moment, on a natural sunday morning for me, is to see who has commented to me or responded to me that i have missed while being asleep. Which were probably the same people who i spoke to that put me to sleep just before i went to bed. It makes me realize how dependant i am onto these electronics as a person because it has been encoded into my everyday routine. i didnt even go strait for the kitchen for a bowl of cereal, i went right towards my living room and to the living room computer. Im not so sure what the wii analogy means, but i know that as an electronic device itself, it does not make things easier because it also provides internet service, and such.

6 comments:

  1. Chris,

    This video is good but mostly avoids the assignment. Don't take this one down, but please post a second, if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice first video for the unit for one of the first videos that i have viewed gave me am idea of what this unit is about. Even though few words spoken it gave me an idea of what technology has done to us.

    The part where you stated that your sister is being sucked into digital universe, made me think that she is rowing up in what we think is advanced when she is our age, the technology that will be out might change how people live.

    The video reminds me of just being in the computer lab at school, a majority of people do the same thing. Come in sit down log on and get lost in cyber space.

    For your next video that you do you might want to get some images of yourself. I may just have been for this assignment, and i am not sure what next we might have to make a video. This assignment was just to watch yourself but i am able to judge what is going on.

    Watching your video then my own again their is very little difference. It is a routine . You type in the address then you had facebook set up so it remembered you password. It is a procedure that you had seemed custom to.

    I hope i get to see more of your videos after seeing this one- Jin

    ReplyDelete
  3. your video is identical to my computer screen every time i turn it on. i like your video because its like a mini tour of what almost every teenager does when they first get on a computer. altho its not what the assignment asks for ; it shows that you understand the message we bring up in class.
    You said how you would like for your little sister to use the computer so you can get in contact with her but would you like her to be spending hours and hours on meaningless internet activities?

    comment me back on that one buddy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have no idea how pissed I am, I had the best post ever on this, and my stupid phone didn't post it. That's what I hate about this "digital media" nonsense. I liked your video man. I'm going to try my best to state some of the things I stated in the last post. I feel you on the whole thing with your sister, because I know that when my nephews are older, I'm going to want them to be able to contact me whenever, and however. Maybe in your next post, you might want to write about the message you are trying to send with your video so you don't hear the b.s about you doing it wrong. You the best bro see ya 2morrow. P.S my other comment was like 3x as long as this one!! I'm pissed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jin for the post. i appreciate your insight. Using photos for my next video might be a good idea because im on a limited deadline and another video to be produced would probably just end up with more mistakes. Its a good thing you connected to the example i had made of my little sister growing up to be the next generation growing up with the newest technology out. Even now at her age (2), she always steals digital devices in our home and runs away innocently. these items are the cable remote, cellphones, touches the laptops, etc. She does these things because already at her age she can notice the dependance that we have onto them, constantly touching and using them. i also noticed the differences in our video, because my facebook remembered my information, but yours you had to log in manually each time, and you even typed in the incorrect password. So if both our videos were focusing on each of our facebook habits, it would seem that I am a more frequent user than you, but who knows. thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments Stephany. i appreciate how you said it reminds you of a virtual tour almost, when i think of it thats exactly what it looks like. In the end your right my video wasnt what was being asked. Your insight tells me you thought hard on what i mentioned about my sister growing up to be urrounded by media as a positive thing. Your right there could be a huge flipside to it in a negative way too. maybe it can be a good thing but there are lines that should be introduced to her at her young age so that those lines mentioned about "digital media' is not crossed. Thanks for the post you had me think alot about the versus of it all.

    ReplyDelete