Thursday, September 17, 2009

HW 4 - First comments

To Michelle...
Thanks Michelle for actually taking the time to read my post. I appreciate your insight and sharing the connections you made between my opinions and elaborated them into your own. It was helpful to read on about your idea on my discussing Movie Theatres and changing they're ads to keep up with modern values. Due to your insights it made me think that maybe i could've revolved my post not only around computers /internet but maybe around other distractions of mine, like television or texting/IMing. You also gave me a dead flat visual of how your life seems due to distractions of your own. Taking in your thoughts and connecting them to my own, i think that everyone (possibly) tries to overcome the same distractions while being distracted by the same exact technology. The thought of people lining up in front of the Apple store for that brand new iphone in the pouring rain when they can easily order it online or reserve it, or even take the chance of coming in AFTER WORK and not calling in sick seems selfish of us. It seems as tho we, as a whole, try to compete with each other over not only what items we possess, but who is the first to obtain them. Also, we love to discuss who purchased less over whom. You and I both stated that we share the same problem of being distracted while trying to do productive things. Its funny how we like keep ourselves updated with the fastest web-browser out there when seemingly we only slow our own pace behind by doing other things with our internet speed.

To Wright...
Thanks Wright for commenting my blog. i appreciate the comments you left and actually making connections to the things i had said. it was helpful to know that my thoughts on whether Andy himself on the computer leaves him distracted much like we are, because it lets me know i wasnt babbling and was actually leading somewhere. If he were to do this, maybe his generation to our generation isnt so much different? Your comments, including others as well, encourage me to expand my writing or thoughts and perhaps even share some of my main ideas in class. Tracing back to my post, a follow-up question came up in my mind, "Why do we allow ourselves to be distracted so easily?" i could just as easily log onto facebook or aim after i finish my hw, but it seems like the curiousity of being "hitup" by friends leaves me on the edge haha

No comments:

Post a Comment